This week is my post is all about gowns and the latest in wedding fashion for Spring 2015. Overall, gowns have taken on a much more fluid shape than past seasons, making effortless elegance that much easier for brides to achieve.
1. Light-As-Air. Ball gowns are taking on a softer look thanks to breezy fabrics and a more relaxed silhouette. Designers including Vera Wang, Marchesa, Monique Lhuillier and more all went with a lighter approach this season.
2. Modern Minimalism. Bling will always have a special place in our hearts but some of this season’s most inspiring looks are tailored with clean lines and ideal for the bride who wants to be comfortable yet chic on her wedding day.
3. A Cut Above The Traditional. Cut-outs and crop tops are trending not just for the big day, but also for pre-wedding events like the bachelorette party and bridal shower. Now more designers like Theia and Houghton Bride are following suit.
4. Dramatic Necklines. Looking for something a little more unique than strapless or sweetheart necklines? High-neck styles and plunging V-necks were equally prominent at shows including Rivini,Marchesa, Kenneth Pool and more.
5. Simply Magic. The trend in this style seems to be optical illusions like bodice netting (to look like skin) and overlays (perfect for showing a peek of leg). Keep the look PG-13 by opting for one or the other — not both.
5. Giving The Cold Shoulder. There are more off-the-shoulder styles than ever before and it’s no wonder why: they’re sexy yet romantic and above all, supremely figure-flattering. This sleeve treatment creates a triangle shape and whittles the waist.